Thursday, June 15, 2006

John Cleese to Retire from Performing


(Photo courtesy of John Cleese’s mistress, First Nations)


John Cleese is retiring from performing.

He’ll write a book about the history of comedy and hold classes on comedy for the younger generation.

Cleese made the decision because: "I could never do better than Fawlty Towers, whatever I do."

And Cleese’s doctors have banned him from doing the Silly Walk.

"I can't do it because I've had a hip replacement - probably because I did so much of it.”


4 comments:

  1. It's a shame - but he hasn't been very funny lately.
    Best to quit while you're ahead. Pity Mick Jagger didn't do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta admit the truth of that.
    Still, my eye is upon you, kaz. oh yes. it is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear (sob) Do you mean that I should quit when I'm ahead??

    ReplyDelete
  4. he peaked with Fawlty Towers, absolutely.

    ReplyDelete